What is a “Smart Saber”?
A Smart Saber™ is an intelligent, easily configurable saber that connects fully to the latest technology via. Unity App. Smart Saber® app technology allows the user to access and modify any aspect of the saber, from blade colors, effects to sounds and motion detection.
What sound board/sabercore do you use?
Electrum Sabercrafts uses our proprietary Diatium3 Core Saber System. More than just a simple sound board, the Diatium3 Core is the world’s first fully integrated Smart Saber® system, allowing full control of your Smart Saber® from your Apple or Android device.
Can I buy your Diatium3 Saber Core separately?
We do not sell our Diatium3 saber core separately.
Are your sabers combat ready? Can I duel with them?
Yes. Our Smart Sabers® are designed to be fully combat ready and are warrantied against electronic failure. We use a world class internal impact resistant chassis that protects the internal setup from drops and impacts.
Is the Pixel Stringblade rated for dueling?
While this blade is strong enough for light to moderate use, we do not recommend using the current thin wall pixel blade for heavy dueling. The current pixel blade is not warrantied for dueling.
Where can I listen to sample of the available sound fonts?
Can I add additional sound fonts to my order?
Of course! Our D3 saber core can handle of up to 50 sound fonts and thousands of sounds. Just add the additional sound fonts to your cart before you check out. Additionally, we will always install any additional sound fonts on your Smart Saber® that you include with your order.
Do you offer customizations?
We do not offer engraving, etching, leather wraps or similar customization. However, we have many excellent options and features as presented on each saber page.
What does my order status mean?
Awaiting Fulfillment means that we have received your order and it is in the queue to be built. This is the first stage. Your order will remain in this stage until it enters Hilt Assembled, Awaiting Electronics. Typically, saber orders will stay in this status for the longest length of your order as we build your saber. This does not mean it hasn't been started: in fact, your saber begins fabrication in this stage!
Hilt Assembled, Awaiting Electronics means that you hilt has been machined, anodized, and if you selected add-ons, like light or heavy weathering, that is now complete. Your order can be at this stage for 5-9 business days. Your next status update will be Electronic Installation.
Electronic Installation means that your order has entered the final build and testing phase, and is currently being installed with electronics. This phase occurs near the end of your Lead Time. Your saber will remain in this state until all testing is completed and the saber is Shipped, typically within the next 5-7 business days. If you ordered any digital goods such as saber fonts with your saber, your order may enter Partially Shipped before being marked as Shipped and then Completed.
Can I receive daily/weekly/per request photo progress?
Unfortunately, taking update progress photos like this would halt our production significantly and extend lead times, so progress photos are not possible. Similarly, during weathering it is not possible to send photo progress to gauge your feedback as the process is time consuming and by hand, so custom weathering progress photos are not possible.
Can I swap between a Neopixel blade and regular dueling blade?
No, the neopixel setup required a special pin connection that replaces the in-hilt LED. As such, using a regular blade in a pixel equipped saber would result in an unlit blade.
I have a saber with Diatium2. Can I send it in for a D3 Upgrade? How much?
Yes, you can view our upgrade service here
Can I change my order?
- Changing to a completely different saber model (ex. Neophyte to Evo-Flex) from what is originally ordered is subject to a $15 change fee. Depending on production capacity, this may also reset your lead time.
- You can request changes to your order within the first 6 days from the original order date at no charge.
- After 6 days, you will be charged a $15 change fee. This is subject to production. If your product is not in production, changes may still be possible. If your product is in production, no changes would allowed.
- To request any order chances please make your request through your Electrum Sabercraft account message center. You can log in here.
Can I cancel my order?
- You can cancel your order at anytime before your order status is changed to "Hilt Assembled, Awaiting Electronics". However, there is $25 cancellation charge. This cancellation fee will be deducted from refund. You MUST do this through Order Messages in your account, as this will reach production directly.
- You cannot cancel your order after you product is in production.
- You can read about our order change or cancellation process here.
I have received my Smart Saber® but I don't know how to use it?
I am having troubles with my Smart Saber® how can I get technical support?
Do I need to turn the Deep Sleep Mode to "On" (toward the emitter) when charging?
Yes, this is a must.
I have encountered a bug, can I report it?
Where can I get the Electrum Unity App
The Unity App is available on both IOS and Android and available in the App Store or Google Play Store
I'm having trouble connecting to my Saber with Android
Try these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the saber is activated (blade on)
- When installing make sure that you accept all permissions, including location services, when the app requests them
- Ensure that both Bluetooth and GPS/Location services are on
- Ensure you have no other bluetooth apps running or connected to other devices
If these steps do not solve the issue, try this:
- Open your phones Settings
- Open "apps"
- Using the top right 3 dot menu, select "Show System Apps"
- Scroll down the apps list until you reach Bluetooth, select it
- Open Storage
- Select Clear Data
- Then, ensure both Bluetooth and Location/GPS services are active, and try again.
Where can update my firmware for my Electrum Smart Saber®?
- Updating firmware is only available on Diatium3 Saber Core equipped Smart Sabers®
- You can find the latest updates and instructions here - https://electrumsabers.com/updates
I’m having trouble with the touch switch. How can I calibrate it?
The touch switch calibrates itself on power down. There are 3 ways to recalibrate the switch if desired:
1. Power down the saber, either through the switch itself or the Unity app.
2. Toggle the sleep switch inside the pommel
3. Perform a hard reset. (detailed in the manual)
How do I make the saber recognize new sound fonts?
First, make sure you are using the proper font structure. If you are purchasing a font from another site, use the “Plecter” version of the font. Second, ensure that no spaces or special characters (@,#,$, etc.) are used in the folder name.
If your saber is still not recognizing the sound font, perform a hard reset. This will read the entirety of the SD card to ensure it loads correctly.
Use a PC or Mac to load new fonts to the card. Do not use a mobile device, as these will add hidden folders to your SD card that can interfere with the way the saber reads fonts.
What forms of payment do you take?
Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, Mastercard Debit, American Express, Discover, Paypal
Can I do split payments?
No, we do not take split payments. Your card will be charged when you order for the full amount.
Why won't my payment go through?
We have discovered that 98% of the time it is fraud protection that has activated by the bank. You will need to call your card issuer to remove any hold and verify that it is you who are trying to use the card. If this is not the case, here are some other tips to remember;
- Make sure your pop-up blocker on your browser is disabled. This will sometimes block verified by visa and other verifying mechanisms.
- Make sure you are not using a VPN.
- Make sure you accurately entered the billing address of the card on the billing form.
- If you are using visa/mc bank debit cards, make sure your card is setup to make international purchases. If you live in the United States, purchases in Canada would be considered an international purchase.
- If you are trying to use a pre-pay visa or mastercard, please make sure that the pre-pay card you load is eligible for international purchases. Not all of them are.